Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Results...

I just got off the phone with the Dr and he said my chest x-ray looked good and my white blood count is up from the Neulasta shot (I guess that's good). My Ecko he said had dropped quite a bit in such a short time. My first Ecko was the week that I started the new chemo had an efraction injection (I think that is what he called it) of 76% and only 12 days after the new chemo it is now 57% which he said is a considerable drop for such a short time. He said that he is going to get another cardiologist to read it again just to make sure the numbers are right. If that is what the numbers are he is going to go over the MRI again and see what he thinks about dropping the Herceptin for the next 3 and final chemos. He said that he will let me know what plan he comes up with by next Friday the 27th, that is when I see him and have my next chemo. Well that's all for now-

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Audra,

I am thinking about you and praying for you everyday. I hope you feel better soon. Be strong and keep the positive attitude. You are so admirable!
Love,
Tara

Jan said...

Audra, this is positive news and I am happy to hear anything positive, as I am sure you are also!I hope you are feeling better and will continue to do so. We all are praying POSITIVE prayers for you and your wonderful family. You truly are an inspiration to us and many others. Jan

Unknown said...

You are learning a whole lot about medicine that I bet you just as soon not know about but it sounds like to me that you are being very pro-active about your healthcare. It really sucks that you have to spend a minute of energy on anything other than a complete recovery, with all the red tape of insurance and all the additional testing that you have to endure to monitor your body's reactions. Reading through your posts it is clear that you are meeting each day with determination and grace. You are an extraordinary person Audra -- so take good care of yourself, don't eat weird bacteria laden fruit and stay away from people who are even the slightest bit sick -- like you don't have enough to think about....

Love, Susan