Sunday, March 1, 2009

After Monday I will be half way thru this treatment!

I had my second treatment on this past Friday. Almost half way there. YAY!!! I saw the doctor and after they reviewed the ecko they decided to hold off on the herceptin this time because there was such a drop in the efraction injection or injection efraction (whatever its called). My heart hasn't bothered me that much this weekend but it may also be because they gave me a new pill before my chemo. It is called Emend, they just said it really helps with nausea and feeling bad. They still gave me the steroids and Zofran in my iv also. And my doctor gave me a prescription for the Emend to have at home over the weekend. I take one Emend and a steroid pill and Zofran on Saturday and Sunday morning. Then I will go back for my second treatment on Monday and the shot of Neulasta for my white blood count. Although I was even more sick this past Friday then I was the previous time-just really nauseaus. I guess it is just the way it is going to be. Saturday I slept all day-I feel horrible when I do that too because Harlie was home and in her room watching tv all day and Cole was with Corky. I feel like I am missing so much by sleeping and being sick. I get sad then I get mad then I don't know what I get. Cancer really sucks!!!!!!!!!! Well that's all for now-Thank you to my wonderful family who has been so gracious and wonderful to me. Thank you also to my wonderful friends who have been there every step of the way. I don't know what I would do without such a supportive family and friends. I love each and every one of you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay strong lady, it's almost over! When you need to rest, it's your body telling you to. Don't feel guilty for that, your family knows what stress you're body is under. There will be so much more time to spend with them when you're back to 100%.

Jan said...

I say YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! You are almost through with this and you are beating cancer through and through with your strength of character, great attitude and your spirtuality that can overcome anything and everything. You will have an even better quality of time to spend with Harlie and the rest of the family when you are finished because you have such a wonderful understanding of the real quality of life. We are ALL here for YOU!

Melodie said...

Your children will be so proud of you because you are such a fighter. Do not feel guilty. You are doing this for them. Hang in there. Everyone loves you.

Karen G said...

Dearest Audra, I finally got my own access to start following regularly!! These are the moments when healing happens, when you feel so yuckie...I just know in my heart that mass is shrinking!! I have prayed for healig for you! You have been so strong & such an inspiration to so many. It is resting that brings renewal. Harlie was home, not off w/ friends, this speaks volumes from a teen...she chose to be close to home, near you. Don't feel badly about the kids, as having you healed & w/ them is the ultimate goal!!! So, rest/sleep when your body needs to. Love, Karen G.

Jen McCarthy said...

From one survivor to another, you are doing a fantastic job! And your friends are right, don't feel guilty about feeling bad and taking time to heal. The chemo is designed to kill everything bad in your body and sometimes it kills off the good stuff too. So take all the time you need to rest and recover even it means 100% of the time! This treatment phase is temporary!!! It will be over soon! Your family, your friends and your life will be waiting for you when you are ready to return. And we get it! We understand that this is HARD...don't feel bad for admitting it! It's supposed to be hard. So don't cheat the suffering, it's there to remind you of all you have to live for and how sweet it will be when you return to it. And let's face it, when again in your life will you have the luxury of laying around, resting and not required to cook, clean, work and mess with hair and makeup? Never! Drink it in and enjoy it. It won't last long:-)

With love, light and laughter, your sister in survival - Jen McCarthy

Call if you need a pep talk!!!

Aunt Rene said...

Auddie, I have never been as proud
of anyone as I am you. Your strength of mind, body, and soul
is amazing to me. Sweetheart you
are so special in every way, you
have such insight into your disease
and a will to live that there is
no question in anyones mind you are
going to beat this, you don't realize your strength! What you have already been thru is amazing
to me. Your determination to get
well will beat all the odds. Never
ever feel guilty for anything you
feel, it is more healthy to be in
touch with your inner self than
to shove it all away. Your family
loves you so much and we all are
praying for a full recovery so you
can get back to your life with your
precious kids and husband. He is
really an exceptional man by the way. Stay strong as much as you
can sweetie and we are all praying
this will all be over soon for all
of you. Keep your faith in God
at all times and never feel ashamed
or sorry or apologize for anything.
You are loved by so many of us and
we all pray for the words, "CANCER
FREE". I love you so much and
J.J. and I pray for you all the time. Stay in touch