Sunday, March 15, 2009

Feeling good.

I went shopping to Jacksonville today. I have felt really good this week. It is crazy how bad I feel the week after my chemo and how good I feel the next week. I worked all last week-five days and one day I pulled a twelve hour day. I know too long. But I feel so good, just trying to work all I can now because I know it is coming up where I won't be working at all. I enjoyed going shopping today even if it was just for household items. I like getting stocked up on detergent and paper plates and stuff so I won't have to keep asking people to run here for this and that. I go back to Duke this Thursday for an Ecko on my heart. They need to check it out before I get chemo on Friday to see if I can start back on my Herceptin. Not looking forward to Friday's chemo. Actually when I think about it I gag. It seems each time it gets worse. But after this Friday I will only have one more treatment. Yay!!!!! Actually Friday and Monday combo treatment. Now I am getting nervous about the surgery-actually I am nervous each chemo I get and then I keep thinking about surgery and all that is going on with that and radiation. Corky says he has never know anyone to worry like me. That's probably why I have cancer I reckon-I just don't know how to not worry about EVERYTHING. I have faith but still worry. I worry about this stupid cancer and when I get done if it will come back, I worry about my children-everything they do-I don't know how I am going to handle Harlie getting her permit. (she starts drivers ed this week) Why worry about cancer because that will probably give me a heart attack.

There was a girl that I use to cut her hair that was 28 years old and just passed away from breast cancer-it went to her liver. It is so terribly sad, she has a 2 year old child.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad you got a shopping day in! Doesn't it just make you feel so much better to spend money!!!! :)

I was in Jacksonville on Friday getting new laminate flooring to put in our family room! Its been a fun weekend.

Glad that you are feeling better. You are always in my prayers! I check in on you with Traci a lot!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a great week, you deserve it. Hope your friday goes smoothly:) ~M

glendalh said...

Hi Audra,just read your blog again and every time I do I get teary eyed and play,Feels Like Home to me,what a pretty song and I will always think of you when I hear that song.Glad you got to shop and work also.Try not to over do it.I just talked with Gail and she is so concerned about you.as we all are.Take care , you are in my thoughts and prayers.Love to all,Aunt Glenda

Unknown said...

Hope the Ecko on your heart goes good today, as well as the chemo Fri/Mon. Only one more to go -- that is fantastic :-)

Be good to yourself and do what makes you happy! I'll be thinking about you.

Love,
Susan