Thursday, November 13, 2008

Here is the latest. We went to Duke on Friday for the lymph node biopsy that was not as easy as the last three biopsy. The lymph node that they biopsy was sitting on my lung. Then on Tuesday I had to go back up and get more blood work done and have the muga scan. They started an IV and gave me a couple different kinds of medicine then I had to go sit in a room and wait an hour then they gave me two more injections of differnt kind of medicine and the they injected me with some kind of metal particles so my heart will show up on the scan. The actual scan was o.k. it wasn't completely closed in but it was about 2 inches from me face and I had to hold my arms above my head for an hour. We were there for about 6 hours. Then yesterday (Wed) we had to go back for the PET scan and CT scan. That test was about a 3 to 4 hour test and we were there for about 5 hours. They had to give me another IV and about 4 different kinds of drugs and I also had to drink two big cups of this bitter lemonade. The actual test when they put me back there was only about 30 minutes but when they shot some of the dye for the cat scan it was warm and made my heart race like crazy and I started moving my feet around and they kept asking if I was o.k. (I don't think I ever answered them) so one of the techs had to come out and talk me through the last few minutes. It felt like my heart was beating out of my chest. I thought well this is just great I am going to have a heart attack. Anyway glad that is over with. Bad news I will probably have to keep getting all these test over and over again to check my progress.

1 comment:

glendalh said...

lutlylbHi Honey,I just read this and sounds as though you had a very rough day,sure you are felling better now.You have been through alot ,just taking test.Every test will be a new experience(maybe not
so painful).Be strong for yourself,
your husband,Corky,your daughter,
Harlie and that little young man,Cole and don't forget your Mom and your Dad and the rest of your family and friends.
Love You,Aunt Glenda