Monday, November 3, 2008

The beginning



It all started one day when I came home from work on September 24 and felt a lump in my right breast. I went to the doctor on the 26th in the morning and he said he needed to send me to get a mammogram. They couldn't see me for a full week and so my doctor wanted me to go to Greenville to the Breast center there. They were able to see me at 1:00 that day so Corky and I headed to Greenville and we were there for about four hours. I had about 20 mammograms and they told us there was something there but they had to biopsy it to know exactly what it was. We had the biopsy done and we had to wait another week for the results. Corky and I went in to talk with the doctor about what the results were. We were not expecting the next words to be cancer. My doctor told me that it was the best kind of cancer to have it is called DCIS-that means it is contained in the ducts. He also said that it is the worst of the best because it is so large. It measures 5cc. We discussed different places that I should go and we decided on Duke, so we got an appointment that day for October 15th at Duke.

1 comment:

Rhonda Gurganus said...

audra and corky
Our prayers are with you guys . If you need any thing dont hesitate to call.
Rhonda and Jerry
www.caringbridge.org/visit/madelyngurganus