Saturday, April 25, 2009

Surgery date scheduled

Corky and I went to Duke yesterday April 24th for another MRI and a Dr. appointment with my surgeon. He gave me some options but I'm going to have double masectomy. He said that after radiation we can do reconstruction in six months. I thought originally he said a year but six months will be in January so that is just great. I also get to have a tummy tuck with the reconstruction to make the new ones. How about that-something positive after all this mess is done with. Corky says "son you will be right in a bikini next summer standing up in that mullet tower". He is so not right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway feeling really good these days, the metallic taste is still bad and I have about 4 tiny fever blisters on my lip from stress about the surgery. But most everyone says if you can get through chemo everything else is a breeze-so we'll see.
Oh yeah May 4th is the surgery date-chemo brain is pretty bad these days also.
Love Audra

2 comments:

Jodi Lewis said...

You're almost there Audra! I'll continue keeping you in my prayers-especially on May 4th!! Love ya, Jodi

Jan said...

Dear Audra,
I heard today that a study was done to see how the influence of having friends can affect our ability to live longer. One study on women with breast cancer proved that women who have many friends live 4 times longer than those who don't!!! This is definitely YOU!!! You have soooo many friends who have truly proved themselves to you as such and this is a great asset to you and to your family.So you're going to be around a long time with that beautiful self! Thank you for sharing your news with us. We all pray for you every single day and will have you in our thoughts and prayers all day on May 4th. I know you will come out of this a stronger and more dominant personality than ever before because of all you have been through.We all love you and your family! See you soon...Jan