Monday, April 6, 2009

Feeling great this week!

I have felt great this past weekend and today, its crazy how I feel so good this week and Friday I get my last big treatment of chemo, Monday is my actual last chemo. Thank goodness.
I have had the best weekend with my family, my dad and stepmom took us out to eat Saturday night at Texas Steakhouse and we had a great time. Harlie was pleasant and that is always a plus with a teenager.
Someone said that I had too sad of songs on here so I have posted three of my favorite ones-hope you enjoy.
The Elton John, "your song" is one that I heard a year before Corky and I got married. We were watching a movie with that song in it and I said I love that song and he said he did too. Well when it came time for us to pick a song for our first dance we couldn't ever think of one. We were emailing our dj with different songs, so on our wedding day the dj came up to me and said you still didn't pick a song for you and Corky's first dance and I said oh just pick one ( I was about attled at that time) anyway he must of went up to Corky and he remembered. Isn't that just so sweet. He is the best!
The honey pie sugar bunch reminds me of when I was little and on Saturday afternoons daddy and Michelle would start cooking and daddy would lite the grill for the steaks and open the windows and turn on some beach music and that song reminds me of those special times, just being with family doing the most simple things. Isn't it funny how a song or smell of steaks on the grill can bring back the best memories.
The stevie nicks song reminds me of my mama-dancing around the house-hee hee! We had some fun times too.
Hope you enjoy the songs-I love them!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the songs :-)

Best of luck with your last chemos -- yeah!!! I hope you continue to feel good.

Have a Happy, Happy Easter from my family to yours --
Love,
Susan, Sarah & Reid

Jodi Lewis said...

Audra...I always tear up reading your posts for one reason or another! I loved reading your special memories. It made me think of similar childhood ones and also made me think about what memories Scott and I are creating for our children. Thank you! Good luck on Monday! Prayers and good thoughts going your way! Love ya, Jodi

qthrul said...

Good luck with the chemo!

:-)

annie said...

Hey Audra-I'm so glad that this is all in your favor. It could be the exact opposite. I love the new songs that you added. When you were talking about Dick and Michelle playing that beach music-i thought about that Beach Music Fest. of your daddy on the front page.
Just think-this will soon be behind you. Can't wait!!
Hope that you are feeling better soon.
Love you,
Annie