Sunday, December 21, 2008

6th one down

Friday I had my 6th chemo and I am still feeling fine. Still just tummy issues and my face breaking out but other than that I feel good. My dear friends Jaime and Annie took me for my chemo on Friday. We had a great day, after the chemo we ate at Cracker Barrell and went and did a little shopping. I am so blessed to have such great friends. Everyone has been so good about wanting to take me up to Duke for my treatments. Corky is going to take me the day after Christmas. Today we are heading down east to my dad's and exchange gifts and eat some good food. The steroids are kicking in, see how I have mentioned food twice in just a couple of sentences.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas-I know I will have the best Christmas ever. It's funny how Cancer changes everything and puts the important things in perspective.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you are feeling okay, Audra. Enjoy your day with your dad and I hope you and your family have a wonderful, Merry Christmas!
Love,
Shannon

Tracy Gillikin said...

Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Love,
The Gillikins

Jan said...

Audra,
The last two times I have seen you I thought that you just look amazing and beautiful[as always] and I admire so much your attitude, tenacity and strength in dealing with a difficult time. I can imagine that this disease DOES put everything in perspective, not meaning that God intended this but He is happy when we finally see it, I believe. You are going to be just fine and I wish for you and your family a wonderful Christmas and the BEST of health, wealth and happiness in 2009! Jan and Billy

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear such great news Audra. I hope that your family has a wondeful Christmas sweetie! :)

KATHY said...

MATTHEW 9:22 Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your
faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment.(NIV)

HI AUDRA! I'M SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU'RE DOING SO WELL. YOU'RE ALSO RIGHT ABOUT CANCER OR ANY OTHER LIFE CHANGING EVENT PUTTING THINGS INTO PERSPECTIVE. ONE MINUTE WE THINK OUR WORLD IS GONNA CRASH OVER THE SILLIEST OF THINGS & THEN SOMETHING THAT REALLY COULD CAUSE IT TO CRASH & BURN HAPPENS & WE REALIZE W/A NEW FOUND RESPECT FOR LIFE ITSELF. SOMETIMES IT TAKES A SERIOUS NUDGE FROM GOD, NOT THAT HE WANTS US TO SUFFER, BUT THAT WE MAY BE IN A PLACE IN OUR LIVES WHERE NEED A HUGE WAKE UP CALL TO BRING US BACK TO HIM! I'M STILL WRAPPING YOU IN PRAYER, I HOPE I'M NOT SQUEEZING TO TIGHT,LOL, ALONG W/YOUR HUSBAND & SON. CONTINUE TO LEAN ON THE LORD, B/C IF HE BRINGS YOU TO IT HE WILL BRING YOU THROUH IT! WITH LOVE. ~GOD BLESS~