Thursday, July 30, 2009

Finished with Radiation

I had my final radiation treatment this morning at 7:15. Six full weeks/five days a week. I am so glad that its over and I am home with my family. I think I had the hardest time with radiation because I had to be away from my family for a full five days. I stayed in a hotel a few times and a couple of weeks I stayed with my Aunt Nellie Ann and Uncle John-they had the nicest home and Aunt Nellie Ann is one of the best cooks I know. Cole went with me several times-he is the best company to have. I was able to get a room at the Caring House which is about 3 minutes from the Cancer Clinic. I couldn't take the kids with me because you can't have anyone stay under the age of 18. The first week was pretty tough, then I had my friend Melodie come and stay the second week and she and Jaime came and stayed this past week for two nights and we had the best time. The Caring House is such a nice place and they offer it to you for only $25 a night.
I am really burnt on my chest and under my arm where they treated-but hey I'm home and it's only going to get better.
I have an appointment for Aug 6 for a Endoscopy. A certain part of my white blood count is raised meaning something is going on so they are going to take some samples of my stomach and lower intestines. On Aug 11th I will go back and see my Oncologist Dr. Marcom and have Herceptin in the Chemo lab. My Dr. will also put me on some horomone replacement pills I think that is what they said anyway.
Then............................I won't have to go back for 3 more weeks. YAY!!!!! Herceptin every 3 weeks until Feb. I can definately handle that.
Well thats all for now-Love Audra

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I am glad this part of the marthon is over for you! What a strong person you are! You are in my prayers.
Lisa Kittrel

Anonymous said...

Always thinking about you Audra, I'm glad to hear a great update! Such a sweet family and friends you have to keep you company. Keep on keepin' on girl!

Jan said...

Audra,
What a long and hard road you have traveled and you have made it now to the end!!!! We are all so proud of you and will continue to keep you in our daily prayers. You are, as I have said to you and others, such an inspiration to us all.
Jan

Unknown said...

GO AUDRA GO AUDRA GO AUDRA!!!!!
I'm so glad you are home and with your family -- thank you for your posts for all of us who think of you often.

You are a VERY special person :-)

Susan